Sheet Pan Harissa Honey Chicken
Harissa paste is one of my favorite magical ingredients. It provides such a unique, smokey flavor and pairs well with so many things, chicken, fish, vegetables..anything really.I think this Sheet Pan Harissa Honey Chicken is a bit self-explanatory, but the simple sauce of harissa paste and honey brings a sweet and savory flavor to simple roasted chicken and carrots. Orange slices bring some pretty color and brightness. It’s a dish that is simple enough for a weeknight, but special enough for an occasion.
- 2 lbs Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 Onions, peeled and sliced
- 1 Orange, sliced
- Olive Oil
- Kosher Salt/Black Pepper, to taste
- 2 lbs Chicken Pieces
- 2 tsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Harissa Spice or Chili Powder
- 1/2 cup Harissa Paste
- 1/2 cup Honey
- Preheat the oven to 425. Prepare a sheet pan or baking dish with parchment paper or nonstick spray.
- Toss the carrots, onion and orange slices with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of salt and pepper, and arrange on the sheet pan. Place chicken pieces on top and drizzle with some olive oil, a pinch of salt and pepper, cumin and harissa spice.
- In a small bowl, mix together harissa paste and honey until smooth. Pour evenly over the chicken and carrot mixture.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes. Spoon some sauce over the chicken and carrots and roast for another 20-30 minutes until chicken is browned and vegetables are tender.