Apples and Honey Icebox Cake
Icebox cakes are so simple and always a crowd pleaser. This one layers graham crackers, spiced apple butter, and a cream mixture infused with honey and cinnamon. After a quick chill in the fridge, top with sliced apples and a drizzle of honey. Dessert is done! Make it dairy or parve, it’s delicious both ways. Want something even easier? Substitute the cream cheese and cream for vanilla ice cream and make this into an ice cream cake!
- 8 oz Cream Cheese, softened (dairy or parve works)
- 1 1/2 cup Heavy Cream or Parve Whipping Cream
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup Honey, plus more for decorating
- 9 sheets Graham Crackers, plus some extra for decoration
- 9 tbsp Apple Butter, divided
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or large bowl with a hand mixer), beat cream cheese until fluffy and smooth. Add heavy cream, cinnamon and honey and beat to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- Line a 9×5 loaf pan with plastic wrap, leaving a generous overhang on all sides. Spread a quarter of the cream mixture along the bottom of the pan. Line with a single layer of graham crackers, breaking them to fit as needed. Spread 3 Tbsp of the apple butter in an even layer over the graham crackers. Repeat with remaining cream, graham crackers, and apple butter until the loaf pan is full.
- Smooth the top and fold the plastic wrap over the cream, pressing against the cream to seal. Chill in the fridge overnight. Decorate as desired.